Identity Crisis

Does anyone else feel like they are stuck between their younger self and current adult self?! 40 is chasing me down the last few miles and gaining on me. In only 13 months I turn the big 4-0! Yikes, I was fine with 30, actually liked that birthday, 35 a little tougher but 40 I'm already struggling. Another friend was posting about this on Facebook yesterday so I know I'm not alone.
Source
As I drove to work this morning I felt like so much contradicting!

  • I'm driving to work in my mom car listening to old school hip hop. Blasting Beastie Boys, Warren G and more thanks to the great local station. Bringing back memories or driving around with friends in high school and college. 
  • I'm headed to my part time job (yes I quit a full time career) for 2 part time jobs, makes me feel like a teenager again although these jobs are still big! I headed in today to meet with a big stakeolders about clinical development and funding, yikes!
  • I have a great career but I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up. I wish we as adults didn't have to decide our career direction until we were out in the real world. I mean seriously who doesn't change from when they were an 18 year old college freshman?!
  • I love watching my girl grow up and spending morning being lazy with her watching meaningless TV or playing games but the other part of me wants to be alone drinking coffee or hitting the trails.
  • I watch my girl dance and her excitement with it all and miss my dance days, I think briefly that I can still do it, how quickly I am reminded that I can't!
  • I hate calm, don't like to sit and read (or write, probably why my blog is bare!), TV is boring, I can only watch a movie if I'm also doing something else. Give me activity! Aren't adults supposed to enjoy things like reading, movies, sewing?
  • In running I want to get faster and PR at 5K and 10K but I also want to run a 50 mile and 100K, the runner in me says why not but the coach in me says no way, not at the same time!
What ways do you feel torn? Do you have a big birthday coming up? Share big changes you've made in life.

I've made some big changes over the past year, trying to focus on me, my family and what I enjoy versus what is expected of me as a mom, career woman, runner, etc. More changes ahead and don't worry I will share more about the past year in my 2017 review. 

ETA: This post was actually started in July but much of it continues to be the case. 

Comments

  1. What a really awesome post this is. Truly, one of the best posts I've ever witnessed to see in my whole life. Wow, just keep it up.
    Business Analytics Training in Hyderabad | Business Analytics Course in Hyderabad

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post is very simple to read and appreciate without leaving any details out. Great work!

    Data Science Training

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel very grateful that I read this. It is very helpful and very informative and I really learned a lot from it.
    data analytics course
    business analytics course in hyderabad
    data science course

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really nice and interesting post. I was looking for this kind of information and enjoyed reading this one. Keep posting. Thanks for sharing.
    360digitmg data science institutes


    ReplyDelete
  5. 360DigiTMG, the top-rated organisation among the most prestigious industries around the world, is an educational destination for those looking to pursue their dreams around the globe. The company is changing careers of many people through constant improvement, 360DigiTMG provides an outstanding learning experience and distinguishes itself from the pack. 360DigiTMG is a prominent global presence by offering world-class training. Its main office is in India and subsidiaries across Malaysia, USA, East Asia, Australia, Uk, Netherlands, and the Middle East.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Boost your professional reputation with a surefire way to pick up some impressive new skills in data science by registering for the Data science courses near me. Learn to collect, clean, and analyze data with tools like Hadoop and Spark. Learn to develop algorithms and build models in machine learning to optimize product performance and gross profit for your organization. Become an expert in techniques like Data Mining, Data Cleansing, and Data Exploring that help refine data, making it possible to present it in an understandable format.


    Data Science Training in Jodhpur

    ReplyDelete
  7. Data Science studying modules and making an attempt to make it possible for extra college students to be taught the course.

    Data Science Course in Delhi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Are you looking for a Data Science course that will aid you in your career growth. 360DigiTMG is the right place for you. Enroll now for a better tomorrow.


    Data Science Training in Delhi

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

GoMacro Thrive Review and Giveaway!

Turkey Day 5K

A few Races...