Taking Time to Regroup

These past 2 weeks after Grandma's Marathon have been exactly what I needed. 2 weeks of low running without expectations, the ability to skip a run if I wasn't feeling it, a complete transition away from my overly stressful job that was taking over my life and working to make myself and family a priority.

We spend much of last weekend at the softball fields coaching O's team to a consolation bracket win! In true MN weather we were cold, bundled up in jackets and pants and even pulled out hand warmers for the Sunday morning games! All weekend I was wishing that this weather had been there the previous weekend for the marathon.
Heading to the game! Is it really June?!
This week I struggled with running, legs were heavy, I was tired, I just didn't have that push. I kept low miles, walked if needed and didn't look at pace, my body was asking for recovery. I even skipped my 4 miles midweek when O asked to join me, we did 2.25 miles run/walk averaging around 10:30 pace! Way to go! It brought a smile to my face to share this with her and see her enjoy running. She got warm and requested to run in just her sports bra.


This morning I drove to meet coach Nichole for a run, I wasn't sure what I was going to do and luckily she was running 20 miles so I figured I could handle the pace! She texted last night asking if we should run some speed, after the other 2 sluggish runs this week I was scared! Secretly (okay now not so secret) I was hoping the predicted storms made us cancel. Yep, I am known to doubt myself and defeat myself a little too much. No such luck on the storms...
I met Nichole and she tells me this would be a great time to run 8x 90sec repeats! Can you really say no to your coach? A couple easy miles then the speed! I was great to have someone encouraging and giving mental cues and pointers as we ran. The 90 seconds seem to go quickly, yay! I was happy to look at Strava after and see this...


Now I have only used Starva for about 2 months but my fastest 400m and just over 6:00 pace less than 2 weeks post marathon! I'll take it! 

Now a little time to relax and enjoy the long holiday weekend. I am running the annual 4th of July half on Tuesday and excited to have a friend running with me this year. After that I'm looking to focus on half marathon training for a while while still getting some miles towards Chicago training.

What are your holiday weekend plans? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GoMacro Thrive Review and Giveaway!

The marathon the wasn't, then was...

Updates: The Good and Bad!