Global Running Day

Happy Global Running Day! Why not have a day just to celebrate runners and give us an excuse to run (not that we need one). I’m so happy I made that choice almost 15 years ago to train for my first marathon and take the first steps as a runner. I had no idea I’d be where I am now that day I decided to start. Running has brought me so much, both good and bad! I’ve met some great friends, had great races and fun times but also injuries and tough races. All make me stronger and tougher and teach me.
One of my many boots from running!

For Global Running Day I am linking up with Jonesin fora run

Why do you run? Many reasons: 1) to stay healthy and active 2) stress relief 3) to push myself further and reach goals 4) spend time with friends 5) show my daughter that moms can stay active, reach their goals and be role models in sports

How do you plan to celebrate National Running Day? I started the morning with an easy run with Cooper and I’ll end the day with a few miles with my Moms Run This Town group and Athleta for our group celebration run!

How many miles have you run so far this year? Do you have a mileage goal for the year? So far this year 870.5 and I’m aiming for 2016 just because!

What big events do you have on the race calendar so far this year?  I’ve already finished NOLA Marathon and my first 50K. Next big race is a fall marathon (still debating which) and  some halfs in between including RnR Chicago (use the code marathonmom2016 for $15 off and join me!).

Before I leave for a run I must have: Depends on the run but I always grab my phone, Garmin, visor and shoes- duh! Longer runs I need my procompression socks and UCAN Hydrate and starch if 20+ miles

Do you track your runs? If so what do you use? I have an online log that I enter every run but also have a new Garmin 235 that tracks to my phone now, yay!

Who is your favorite running partner? I have Cooper my favorite 4 legged runner, O my favorite kid runner and these girls…my favorite early morning, long run, torture speed running partners!

Plus the MRRT group

What races have you run so far this year? The big ones are Trail Mix 50K and NOLA RnR Marathon.

50K done!

If you have to give someone one piece of advice about running, what would it be?  Don’t be afraid to start, it will be tough but worth it.

Describe your relationship with running in one word: Complicated!




How are you celebrating? Are you taking advantage of any race discounts being offered today?

Comments

  1. I will be running with a few MRTT mamas tonight too! #MRTTLove happy running day

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

GoMacro Thrive Review and Giveaway!

Turkey Day 5K

A few Races...