Being a Running Mom from a Kid's Side


Last week I saw Laura post this on her blog and since O and I were talking about running and why I like it I thought it would be fun to see her answers…
1. What does mom eat before a run?
O: “That stuff you drink in the shaker”  (UCAN)
Typically my protein oatmeal and coffee for a long run and UCAN or nothing if shorter morning run).

2. How far does mom run everyday?
O: “30 miles!!" (with a grin)
Haha, No!! More like 6-8 miles 2-3x week and 14-20 miles 1x week

3. What was mom’s favorite race?
O: “Color Run, because you ran with me!”
Boston was probably the most fun I’ve had, but Color Run with O was fun too.

4. Why do you think your mom runs?
O: “To be healthy.”
Yes!! Love that she realizes this is a huge part of it.

5. What injuries has mom had from running?
O: “Cramps in your foot.”
Yep, she’s remembering my panic after Saturday’s 21 miler where she had to take my shoe off when my foot cramped with 1/3 mile to go, ugh!

6. Do you like going to mom’s races?
O: “Yes! Y-E-S!!”
7. Have you learned anything from having a mom who runs?
O: “Running makes you healthy and you need to start at a slower pace!”

Smart girl, now if only I followed my advice!

8. Does having a mom who runs make you want to run?
O: “Yes!”
Sunday she asked to join me for a couple miles!
9. What’s your least favorite thing about having a mom who runs?
O: “I love everything about having a mom who runs!”



10. Do you think you’ll run when you are your mom’s age? And how old do you think your mom is?
O: “Yes, I already am. I want to run Boston when I’m older.”  “30 something, uh 35? But I will always be younger than mom.”
My Boston Buddies in 2014! Would love O to join in 15-20 years.

Close I’m a couple years above 35!


Your turn! Any idea how your kids would answer?





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GoMacro Thrive Review and Giveaway!

Turkey Day 5K

A few Races...