Frustrations of being a nonrunner

You know how earlier this week I had that great attitude abut not running...well it has disappeared! I'm now frustrated and annoyed as I pass the halfway mark of the 4 weeks off. This is my favorite time of year to run and I'm missing it. I'm tired of being stuck inside staring at walls or the TV while I do kickboxing, elliptical, etc. I'm tired of the elliptical...IT IS NOT RUNNING. Then I start t doubt my future as a runner, the what ifs come flooding in. Will I achieve my big goals or just keep sliding backwards, will I run a marathon again, will I heal from this. What if I don't?!

You know how as a kid you'd just scribble, okay I've done this as an adult plenty of times when I'm stressed, frustrated etc. I'm in the midst of a huge decision and change ahead and I need a run to get to my best answer but I can't. The elliptical or a walk just don't provide the clarity a great head clearing run do.

Deep breath and time to focus on other things. I can make it through, just 11 more days until I can hopefully run! 

Who has fun weekend plans? A race to share? I get to spend the afternoon at O'd gymnastics show, she's come so far from her first show 3 years ago...


Linking up with Jill for Fitness Friday

Comments

  1. I totally agree you just don't get the same high from the elliptical that you do from running. I totally sympathize, my girl! You'll be back at it before you know it! Are you allowed to swim laps or do yoga? Those have pretty good "highs."

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard not to be running! I've been out more than a few times for injuries and yes, it's no fun! Nothing gives you that high like running. Hang in there and heal well so you can be back on the road.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there Jen. You're almost there.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

GoMacro Thrive Review and Giveaway!

Turkey Day 5K

A few Races...