Running recovery: Compression

I have talked before about my love of compression but this past week I tried it out for more than assistance with leg fatigue and recovery. Since traveling my left calf has been strange: tight, achy and after I was tortured by Graston wow! I decided to run with one compression sleeve for a hill workout. This was 24 hours after I hobbled out after my Graston/acupuncture session wondering why I decided to mention that new issue!

Immediately I knew I was happy! My calf felt much better, the achiness (okay at this point pain from Graston) was gone, it was looser and I could run without issue! Nice, another great use for my ProCompression!

As usual the socks were my staple on the weekend long run! I love how much they help with leg fatigue, tightness, muscle cramps and support. I typically continue to wear my socks post run while I drink my post-run shake (Shakeology of course) and foam roll. A successful 16 Miler on Saturday after months of injury was wonderful. Legs felt great, compression helped me through!

Compression can offer great benefits to athletes during and after long workouts. 
  • Increased blood flow
  • Reduced muscle fatigue
  • Reduced soreness
  • Improved recovery 
  • Reduced inflammation
  • Support

Do you use compression for recovery or workouts? ProCompression is offering 40% off to my readers using code PINK check out all the great colors and prints!

*I was given the product to try but all opinions are my own

Comments

  1. Loving my compression socks and sleeves as well.
    Confessions of A Mother Runner

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

GoMacro Thrive Review and Giveaway!

Turkey Day 5K

A few Races...