Healthy Holiday Eating: Pumpkin Almond Cookies

What a strange feeling to be peaking for one marathon cycle while looking at the start of the next training cycle. Although I can honestly say this training was not much running but more focus on healthy nutrition and cross training while healing this leg. So today I am off to run my 2nd long run in 2 days and then work on baking healthy Christmas cookies and shopping for the holiday meals.

I will admit I am a pretty healthy eater overall but could be better and wonder what making those last few changes would do to my running and overall health? Gluten free, that part is easy it is the other stuff I forget about since the consequences aren’t as obvious. I know my body isn’t happy about dairy but I continue to gravitate towards meals with cheese, I am a carb lover and afternoon snacker who needs to cut down on the mindless eating. My sweet tooth is improving but still needs help. So as 2013 draws to an end I am working on these changes in anticipation for January reset and healthier eating to see how much it helps my training.

So what will be on my plate this week…
Monday: Protein Shake pre run
Tuesday: Christmas Eve at the in-laws
            My contribution Broccoli “Cheese” quinoa
Wednesday: Christmas dinner of appetizers:
Vegan spinach artichoke dip
Cauliflower buffalo wings
Polenta pizza
Veggies and spicy hummus- my first time making hummus!!
And ?? What else should I add?
Thursday: Per O’s request pancakes
Saturday: Quesadilla

Now for the fun part…Cookies!! What kind are you making? My list includes coconut macaroons, date filled shortbreads, almond crescents and the two I already made spicy chocolate (non-GF for others) and almond pumpkin

Almond Pumpkin Cookies
2 cups almond butter
1 cup pumpkin puree
½ cup coconut flour
1 tsp nutmeg
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp stevia or ¼ cup agave (or maple syrup)
1 tsp vanilla
½ cup raisins (per O’s request) or chocolate chips

Mix all ingredients. Drop by spoonfuls on prepared baking sheet. Flatten with fork and bake in 350F preheated oven 10 min. Let cool 5 min on baking sheet.





Comments

  1. Those Almond Pumpkin Cookies look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look delicious! I'll have to give them a try, but no raisins in my cookies! I'll try with the chocolate chips instead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not an almond fan but my hubby loves them and loves pumpkin! I'll have to show him these cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum. These are different but sound delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO GOOD! I will try making these without the butter and see how it turns out! :)

    <3 http://gigieatscelebrities.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmm! The cookies sound yummy. Adding those to my mega baking spree tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes I agree, the cookies sound yummy and almonds are my favorite nut! Your menu sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those cookies look awesome! Enjoy your Christmas of appetizers... yum!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

GoMacro Thrive Review and Giveaway!

Turkey Day 5K

A few Races...