2013 in running!

I have seen this on many blogs lately and decided to join in the fun. So here is short recap of y 2013 in running. What a year it was: continued injury and the start of a come back (I hope) all while running toward 13 in 2013!
What was your:



  • Best race experience? Definitely the Mankato Marathon in October. After a tough running year I finally felt like I could run again, plus it was the best I have felt during a marathon ever!! Love the new fuel: UCAN. Plus I once again have a BQ just in case.

  • Best run? Despite a year of many bad runs I had a lot of great ones. 2013 was the year I focused again on the fun of running. I met some great new running friends through MRTT and had some fun social runs. Also suffered through brutal winter with running friends and made the most of nasty runs!

Do we look warm enough?!
  • Best new piece of gear?  My new Salomon goretex shoes! No more cold feet in winter, I love these. Seriously how did it takes me so long to discover??

  • Best piece of running advice you received? Be smart and listen to your body. Yep, once a again I needed this reminder from many throughout the year. Be open to new things: Yoga, acupuncture and swimming to name a few.

  • Most inspirational runner? Wow, there are a lot! I am inspired by the many runners I have trained, MRTT girls who are all running new and old to be stronger moms, my daughter who ran her first 1 mile race, my new running buddy and many bloggers who I have followed throughout the years.

  • If you could sum up your year in a couple of words, what would they be? A rough ride!


How would you summarize your year in running? How did the first half compare to the second half?
And for anyone who missed it...The 13 in 2013 Medal! Ordering info in in the Facebook Group

Merry Christmas Eve!

Comments

  1. Hope you have a VERY Merry Christmas!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been a very long year hasn't it! I'm posting my year in running soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness that year seemed to pass quickly in some ways, it seems like yesterday you were just calling on others to join the 13 in 13 quest! Congrats on a wonderfully interesting year, ups and downs and everything between, best wishes for 2014!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

GoMacro Thrive Review and Giveaway!

Turkey Day 5K

A few Races...