Thinking & Running

Foggy morning trail run
Last weekend I woke up to thick fog so bad that I could barely see beyond the corner. Now imagine running in thick wooded areas with nearby water! Yikes I felt like I was deep in a forest and had all kinds of crazy scenarios running through my mind! Time to lay off the Criminal Minds & Law & Order! 

Sun is out and the ice is too, first real sign of winter
Do you ever get lost in thoughts while running? This is perfect most times and makes the time pass. I have decided dinner menus, written my thesis proposal (now if only Siri could dictate while I ran), gone through my to do list, came up with crazy new goals and I'm sure much more. Running for me is a time to think and attempt to solve current problems or at times develop future ones with crazy ideas. I love how you can get lost in your surroundings and no matter how stressed the run started by the end I usually have a clearer mind. What is the craziest ideas you've had while running? 

Last weekend while running I decided to try cross country skiing. Why not find another sport to help me enjoy winter. I was excited to listen to a conversation yesterday about the benefits to core strength from cross country skiing, this has me even more convinced. A few weeks earlier I thought about registering for a 12 hour race, anyone ever done something like this? 

Remember 13 in 2013 registration is open a few more weeks. Jill and I are overwhelmed by the response so far. Watch for the prize announcements starting tomorrow! 

A quick update:
  • "variety distance" option added 
  • 13 n 2013 shirts are in the works due to the overwhelming request for these
  • We are looking for participants who are interested in sharing their story and reason for participating in a guest post. Email me if interested.




Comments

  1. 'well no wonder my stomach is bloated and sore I shouldn't have eaten those nuts last night......I'm sure that's what causing this.......people in Scotland should have never even seen a nut let alone eaten them.......that's why there are so many food allergies now, importation of food........ugh I've got to stop for the loo again.....right, I'm only eating food indigenous to Scotland from now on.'

    'these squirrels are going crazy today....must be because it's cooler.....I wish I was a squirrel....if I could be any animal I'd be a squirrel.....wait what about a bird......birds can fly but squirrels get to run up trees and along branches and jump to others trees and they make it look so easy.....yes, definitely a squirrel'.

    I could go on and on and on but feel this is enough of a look inside my head ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AND being a squirrel those damn nuts wouldn't hurt my stomach ;D

      Delete
    2. Too funny! I started reading this thinking, what?! Yes it is crazy how our thoughts go while running :)

      Delete
  2. X-country skiing - now there is a GREAT workout, it won't just be your core that feels it!!! I had to laugh at the Criminal Minds comment as I now have to ban myself from watching it if Brett is working the midnight shift and I am home alone, too active an imagination. Also, I LOVE those workouts when your mind drifts...though not too much because sometimes it's easy to get so lost in thoughts that you don't recognise the satisfying feeling of doing a workout..?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are really close to XC skiing trails where we can rent equipment I think I'll give it a try :) There is that fine line between enjoying the workout and getting too lost, I think sometimes I drift between the two.

      Delete
  3. Hmmm...I guess I'm still thinking of running as a chore and I'mn not sure what to do. Plus I haven't worked out all week due to major hip issues (this totally disconnects me, I need to do something every day). Maybe if I did this, I'd enjoy running more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not working out is tough mentally! Hope the hip is better :)

      Delete
  4. i can share my "why i am doing this challenge" story if you need :)

    as for my crazy ideas? i pretty much think i can take on the world when i run :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be great, email me you story marathonmom28@gmail.com

      Running does make us feel like we can take on anything!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

GoMacro Thrive Review and Giveaway!

Turkey Day 5K

A few Races...