Back to the treadmill and thinking about food

The weather is finally great and I was so excited to be out running in shorts yesterday. This morning I was back inside on the treadmill taking advantage of nap time to get in an easy 9 miles. As I ran this morning I was of course watching cooking shows and realized I had some pineapple juice I needed to use up. Of course I immediately figured out a dessert, although I can easily argue that this is one of the healthiest desserts I've ever made.

Yes that is a Gerber bowl!
Coconut/Pineapple Quinoa Pudding
1/4 cup dry quinoa
1/4 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
1/4 cup coconut milk (I used So Delicious unsweetened)
Mango (I used 2 big chunks of Trader Joe's frozen mango)
Shredded coconut- unsweetened

Bring quinoa, pineapple juice and coconut milk to boil, reduce heat and simmer covered 15 min. Add in mango and coconut and eat! This only made enough for one, next time I'll have to make more.

Comments

  1. Just catching up on all your blog posts.

    Hope the GI doc. gives you some answers. Enjoy being gluten free for the time being!

    Whenever I read your blog it inspires me to cook, then I walk away, and never think about it again :)

    Boston is less than 2 weeks away! Aah! So exciting!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

GoMacro Thrive Review and Giveaway!

Turkey Day 5K

A few Races...