Happy Valentine's Day: and a restaurant review

Okay so I'm a little late, but we didn't actually celebrate on Monday I mean who really needs Hallmark to tell you what day to celebrate when you've been together as long as we have?! We celebrated with a great dinner at home on Sunday and a dinner out on Tuesday. Personally I celebrated Valentine's Day by returning to running and getting in a nice 9 miles after a week off.

Sunday night we had steamed lobster tails, asparagus, and garlic mashed potatoes. I'm so glad I found a use for the food steamer I insisted on getting when I was pregnant to use for making baby food. Up until 2 months ago it hadn't even been out of the box when we decided to give steamed lobster a try with great success. Yes, I still made all the baby food it just seemed much easier to use the old fashioned steamer basket in a pot and now that I have the hang of the steamer we are way beyond anything that resembles baby food.

Tuesday night we took advantage of the 1/2 price wine special at Biaggi's and I was able to give their gluten free menu a try. I was impressed! As soon as the waiter saw I had the GF menu he had the kitchen prepare a plate of GF bread which was pretty good although I still missed their great focaccia. He also brought Ophelia a plate of orange slices and crackers to keep her busy. The GF menu was pretty complete: pasta, pizza, and the typical salads and meats. We had a Cesar salad and Matt was able to get croutons on the side. I ordered the Mediterranean pizza: peppers, olives, tomatoes, and mushrooms and yes it had the GF taste to the crust but overall good. And Ophelia was thrilled with her plate of mushrooms, not sure where she gets this since both Matt and I hate them! So nice to find an Italian restaurant with a GF menu giving us more options for eating out.

In other news I now have my arm back, at least somewhat. The splint is off and I am now in a sling. Already after only 10 days I can see the loss of muscle in that arm, not happy about this after all my hard work over the past few months, but on the plus side this is making me focus on core work.

Comments

  1. Glad to hear you are recovering and are able to resume running.

    It's been a while since I've been to Biaggis but I love it there. PF Changs has a GF menu as well. We were just there on Sunday with friends and one gal ordered off that. She was happy with their menu selection and the fact that they had a yummy GF dessert.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

GoMacro Thrive Review and Giveaway!

Turkey Day 5K

A few Races...