Party food hangover

Not so sure about this...

I think I'm getting the hang of this present thing

Yesterday was Ophelia's 1st birthday party and I went a little overboard with the desserts, regular food not so much. There are local grocery stores who give a free cake for a child's 1st birthday, I wasn't huge on letting her smash and eat the cakes but said I would get her picture with it and if it happened well fine. Not knowing the outcome I decided to make backup cake: almond pound cake with homemade whipped cream which got great reviews. On top of that I had to take care of my sweet tooth and make GF peanut butter cookies and mini pumpkin cheesecakes. I also had a massive cookie fail with GF oatmeal caramel apple cookies that were way too chewy to serve, yikes those need work. I hope my coworkers are hungry tomorrow because I need to get these desserts out of my house!

Ophelia had a blast and really didn't care about the cake, she touched the frosting ate a little and signed "all done" and then instead ate 3 of the pumpkin cheesecakes and would have kept going had I not stopped giving them to her. I guess she developed a love of pumpkin from all I ate during my pregnancy! Presents were another success, she loved ripping the paper and was just a thrilled with the cards. The food theme continued as she received a kitchen set from my parents and a tea set from my sister in law. Soon after the gifts were opened Ophelia let us all know she was done with the party. She went to her room got her pacifier and bear and signed "sleep". I guess she matured and has finally decided naps are good, at least I can hope!

Updated Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookies

2 large eggs
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 cups natural peanut butter (I used half creamy and half crunchy)
2 teaspoons gluten-free vanilla extract
1 cup peanuts

Preheat oven to 325°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Beat together eggs, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and vanilla in a standing mixer with the paddle attachment or with a hand-held mixer. Beat in the peanut butter. Stir in peanuts.
Drop dough by teaspoonfuls onto prepared baking sheet, pressing lightly with hand. Bake for 10 minutes, until lightly set. Let cool a few minutes on pan to set and then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
Makes 4-6 dozen depending on cookie size

Gluten Free Pumpkin Cheesecake (crustless)
1 15oz can pumpkin puree
4 large eggs
8 oz light cream cheese (at room temperature)
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon ginger
1 teaspoon nutmeg
2 teaspoons gluten free vanilla
2 tablespoons brown sugar
4 tablespoons agave nectar
4 tablespoons kahlua (can use rum)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees
Place all of the ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth. Pour the batter into greased 9 inch pie plate and bake 45 minutes or until the cheesecake is set and a cake tester inserted into the middle comes out clean.
Serve with Whipped Cream
1/2 pint heavy cream
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 tablespoon powdered sugar (can substitute white sugar, coconut sugar etc)

In a large bowl, whip cream until stiff peaks are just about to form. Beat in vanilla and sugar until peaks form.

Comments

  1. I love the picture of her with the cake.

    I have quite a few GF friends...I'm passing on these recipes to them. YOu seem like quite the cook!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh, i will have to try to make your pumpkin cheesecake.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

GoMacro Thrive Review and Giveaway!

Turkey Day 5K

A few Races...