Becoming a triathlete

Yesterday I did my first "real" tri workout, yeah I have been swimming and biking with my usual running but nothing like this. Since I am restricted on my weekly mileage, I am increasing the biking and swimming, trying to do more than I need for the tri.
Yesterday I did my first real brick workout: bike 22.25 miles in 1:25 (15.6 mph) slower than usual, but the trails were packed with so many leisurely bikers and rollerbladers, followed by 2.15 miles of running in 17:25 (8:07 pace).
It took my legs about 1/2 mile to loosen up and increase the speed, but after that I didn't feel too bad. Looking at this, I think I would do better at a longer distance to give my legs that warm up time on the run, now just to get better at swimming.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GoMacro Thrive Review and Giveaway!

Turkey Day 5K

A few Races...