The Perfect Run

I think I can actually call this morning's run perfect, especially with all I've had to deal with throughout this training. The weather was beautiful, low 60s, overcast and just a slight breeze. The most important part was that I ran pain free and felt that I could have kept going at the end!

I headed out on the park trails with plans of an easy long run. I guess I kept it a little easier on the way out 8:40-8:50 pace, but then I crossed the dam and got a new burst of energy from the water spray. I crossed the dam on the way back and what a great view of the river. I even saw a couple deer along the trails this morning. The way back I ended up running 8:10-8:30 pace and ended with a negative split by about 3 minutes, yay!

In the end 16.5 miles done at an average pace of 8:30 (yikes, maybe a little fast). I thought I was running slower, but was just doing what felt good.

Just under 4 weeks until Grandma's...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GoMacro Thrive Review and Giveaway!

Turkey Day 5K

A few Races...